The Southern California steelhead is the southernmost native anadromous rainbow trout in North America. It is also imperiled, with only a few hundred returning to Southern California creeks and rivers each year.
CalTrout has brought together a diverse group of stakeholders whose goal is to reverse this decline, thus restoring Southern California steelhead in key watersheds within the region. In order to succeed, we will:
- Remove Matilija Dam on the Ventura River
- Remove Rindge Dam on Malibu Creek
- Provide fish passage on Topanga Creek restore lagoon
- Remove a campground road to provide fish passage on Arroyo Sequite
- Restore fish passage past Twitchell Dam on the Santa Maria River
Key Partners: Matilija Coalition, state and federal agencies