The 2018 Photo Contest voting period has concluded. Submissions for next year’s contest will begin July 2019.
- GRAND PRIZE – 1 Winner
Photo featured on home page of CalTrout website, one-year CalTrout membership, Sage Foundation rod and 2200 Series reel with 20 lb. Rio line, and a Josh Udesen canvas print titled ‘Emergence’ ($575 value).
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD – 1 Winner
Photo featured on home page of CalTrout website, one-year CalTrout membership, CalTrout embroidered Patagonia Refugio backpack, CalTrout neck gaitor, and Echo Carbon XL rod ($300 value).
- BEST PHOTOS – 9 Winners
Photo included on Caltrout.org photo contest page, one-year CalTrout membership, Set of CalTrout native fish pint glasses and playing cards, and CalTrout trucker hat ($115 value).
Contest Rules and Guidelines:
Once the submission period has ended, CalTrout will select 25 finalists. From those finalists, our members and social media followers will vote to determine the People’s Choice Award winner and 9 Best Photo winners. CalTrout judges will select the Grand Prize winner.
Judging Criteria: Photos will be judged on how well they depict the spirit of California waters and/or the sport of fly-fishing as well as overall artistic merit (lighting, color, composition, etc).
- All photos must in some way be related to California rivers, creeks, streams, or lakes and the activities around them. Ideally, photos should have a horizontal format.
- Maximum number of entries: 10 per individual.
- All submissions must be submitted using the contest online entry form. (This will be available when the submission period begins on 7/15.)
- Photographs must be in digital format.
- Only online entries will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted.
- The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are acceptable.
- Digital files must be high resolution, 300ppi, file size 3MB or larger (at close to actual size) and must be in .jpg format.
- All entries must be received by midnight PST, August 31, 2018.
- If a person is in the photo, you must submit a signed model release for each person depicted in the image.
If you have questions please email email@example.com.