Restoring critical habitat for coho salmon and steelhead
Establish the Save the Redwoods League’s property as a key focal location for visitors to Redwood National and State Parks (RNSP) to experience the restored lower Prairie Creek, critical habitat for coho salmon and steelhead, and the magnificence of old growth redwoods through a trail network and Gateway visitor center at the heart of RNSP.
- Established stakeholder groups for restoration and public access to build consensus on approach to concept design;
- In partnership with the League, submitted grant proposals to continue designs for restoration and public access projects.
What we will achieve in 2016-17
- Lead the Technical Review Committee, a broad group of stakeholders, to develop concept designs for habitat restoration project;
- Develop concept designs for public access;
- Secure funding for restoration design and permitting and public access design and permitting.