Helping LCT by restoring six meadows
Restoration of ecological resiliency of priority meadows within the headwaters of the West Walker River, including habitat for Lahontan cutthroat trout populations.
- Completed preliminary restoration designs for three meadows;
- Initiated efforts to complete NEPA process, including plan designs for Pickle Meadow;
- Completed draft of meadow restoration permitting and compliance manual.
What We Will Achieve in 2016-17
- Complete project designs and NEPA for the four meadows;
- Secure funding and begin restoration on additional meadows;
- Continue building regional partnerships and the “Walker Meadow Workgroup.”