JOB TITLE: Donor Database Associate
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
FUNCTIONAL AREA: Development
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time, exempt
This is a full‐time, exempt position reporting to the Advancement Director.
CalTrout’s database is central to the management of relationships with all constituents including individual donors, foundations, government agencies and other partners. The Donor Database Associate is responsible for the effective management of the donation process including constituent and gift data entry, incoming online/offline donations, processing receipts, data queries, reports and reconciling accounts. You will be able to perform data entry and database processes such as imports, queries and exports to produce detailed and accurate reports for development and finance departments. Proficiency with Neon software preferred.
As the primary user of the database, you will assist training other staff on the proper use and implementation of Neon.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Neon fundraising database.
- Keeps constituent files within Neon clean and up-to-date on a daily basis.
- Assists all other Neon database users with training, and keeps them up-to-date with data entry procedures.
- Provides information and analysis related to database functions and efficiency
Gift processing and acknowledgement:
- Responsible for timely and accurate gift entry and tracking including: check receipt and deposit processing, credit card gifts, soft credit and pledge input and ensuring accurate and daily gift entry.
- Responsible for generating accurate, timely acknowledgment letters for all donations.
- Keeps information confidential.
- Maintains a strong electronic and paper filing and tracking system for gift and pledge documentation.
- Serve as the liaison with the Finance team for: daily gift batch reports, monthly reconciliations, and other duties as necessary.
- Assists with the preparation for the organization’s annual audit.
- Coordinating production and mailing of monthly renewal notices.
- Maintain guest lists, prepare materials and other duties as assigned for events.
- Administrative duties including mail processing, logistics with events and meetings, tracking and responding to email@example.com inquiries, expense reports for ED and AD.
- Coordination with IT department, building maintenance.
- Ensures operation of office equipment, troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
- Maintains a high level of customer service to donors, board and staff.
- Merchandise fulfillment – mailing items, corresponding with customers, inventory and ordering of merchandise.
CalTrout believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- A minimum of three years’ experience with donor databases and data entry and administrative functions, preferably in a not‐for-profit development office.
- Proficiency in Neon database or similar and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to pay great attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and to work independently with little supervision.
- Motivated to contribute to the CalTrout team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Office Supply Management & Equipment Maintenance.
How to Apply
To apply please email cover letter, resume, and salary request to info@CalTrout.org with subject line: Donor Database Associate application from <your name>.