*Deadline has been extended to August 31st. Submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org today!*
Job Title: Advancement Associate
Office Location: San Francisco, CA
Functional Area: Fund Development
Employment Status: Full-time, exempt
Application Deadline: August 31st, 2018
California Trout (www.caltrout.org) – a 47-year-old environmental non-profit organization based in San Francisco and dedicated to ensuring California has abundant wild fish thriving in healthy waters – seeks a motivated and talented Advancement Associate to assist with the organization’s fund development.
Position Summary: The Associate will report to the Advancement Director and will be responsible for coordinating annual fund appeal campaigns, assisting with writing proposals for donors and foundations, and managing events associated with cultivation and fundraising. This entails working closely with the director to appropriately convey CalTrout’s work and impact to supporters, selecting event invitees as well as working with vendors. The associate will use the database to prepare mailing lists, reports and enter supporter information related to events and cultivation actions.
- Coordinate productions and mailing of the spring and year-end appeal letters and other direct mail campaigns, including selecting the accounts to mail to from the donor database.
- Conduct research on prospects, including individuals, corporations and foundations identified as potential sources of private funds for specific projects as well as general operating support.
- Drafts proposals and reports for individuals and foundations.
- Prepare a variety of reports including fundraising reports, contact and giving history and prospect status using constituency information database. Enters data into the database on a timely basis for prospect tracking purposes.
- Manages the Annual Gala, including item solicitations, attendance, printed material, event promotion, event logistics, and event follow-up. Coordinate with contracted support for event.
- Manages and promotes various donor engagement events such as Golden Trout Circle and fishing trips.
CalTrout believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5+ years of related nonprofit experience.
- Demonstrated interest in fund development.
- Experience in coordinating and executing direct mail programs.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex conservation issues and California Trout’s mission and goals.
- Superior ability to manage projects, meeting timelines and budgets.
- Demonstrated experience using MS Office, CRM (Neon a plus), Mailchimp.
- Must be flexible, well organized, and detail-oriented.
- Excellent time management skills, able to multi-task and maintain efficiency despite distractions and numerous interruptions.
- Must demonstrate a positive can-do approach to work.
- Must be able to flex work schedule to meet departmental needs, including occasional evenings and weekends.
By August 8th, 2018, Email cover letter, resume, and salary request to jobs@CalTrout.org with subject line: Advancement Associate application from <your name>.