Job Title: Donor Database Administrator
Office Location: San Francisco, CA
Functional Area: Database, Administrative
Employment Status: Part-time, 20 hrs/week
California Trout (www.caltrout.org) – a 45-year-old environmental non-profit organization based in San Francisco and dedicated to ensuring California has abundant wild fish thriving in healthy waters – seeks a motivated and talented Donor Database Associate.
This is a part‐time, non-exempt position reporting to the Membership Manager.
Our database is central to the management of relationships with all constituents including individuals, foundations, government agencies and other partners. The Donor Database Administrator is responsible for the CalTrout donation process, including constituent and gift data entry, incoming online/offline donations, processing receipts, data queries, reconciling accounts, as well as various administrative duties.
Gift processing and Acknowledgement:
- Responsible for timely and accurate gift entry and tracking including: check receipt and deposit processing, credit card gifts, soft credit and pledge input and ensuring accurate and daily gift entry.
- Responsible for generating accurate, timely acknowledgment letters for all donations working with Membership Manager and Development Associate.
- Keeps information confidential.
- Maintains a strong electronic and paper filing and tracking system for gift and pledge documentation.
- Coordinating production and mailing of monthly renewal notices.
- Process the day-to-day operations of the Neon fundraising database.
- Keeps constituent files within Neon clean and up-to-date daily.
- Provides information and analysis related to database functions and efficiency.
- Administrative duties including mail processing, tracking and responding to info@calTrout.org inquiries;
- Coordination with IT department, building maintenance.
- Ensures operation of office equipment, troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories.
- Maintains a high level of customer service to donors, board and staff.
- Merchandise fulfillment – mailing items, corresponding with customers, inventory and ordering of merchandise.
CalTrout believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 years’ experience with donor databases and data entry and administrative functions, preferably in a not‐for-profit development office.
- Proficiency in Neon database or similar and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to pay great attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and to work independently with little supervision.
- Motivated to contribute to the CalTrout team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Office Supply Management & Equipment Maintenance.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 5/20/2019.