California Trout is the only organization focused exclusively on protecting and restoring wild trout, steelhead, salmon and their waters throughout California. CalTrout’s major donors — our Golden Trout Circle members — make a significant financial donation every year allowing us to pursue this mission.
Because of their belief in and commitment to the work we do, our Golden Trout Circle members donate at least $1,000/year or $85/month to the organization. We recognize the passion shared by these members and welcome them as an integral part of our team. Through regular communications and special events, Golden Trout Circle members are connected to CalTrout and to fellow Golden Trout Circle members.
Annual Member Benefits
We’ve made a few improvements to our 2013 Golden Trout Circle offering. With your 2013 membership, you will receive:
- Invitations to Golden Trout Circle events in Northern and Southern California including conservation-related lectures by subject-matter experts
- Access to CalTrout-led fly fishing trips
- Access to CalTrout’s camp (Shasta Springs Trout Camp) on the Upper Sac. – NEW THIS YEAR!
- 50% off 2013 CalTrout Gala & Auction tickets (up to 2 tickets). The event will take place on Friday, April 19, 2013 at the Four Seasons Hotel in San Francisco. – NEW THIS YEAR!
- Access to the latest CalTrout news and information via:
- A subscription to the “Golden Trout Insider,” a bi-monthly newsletter from Executive Director, Jeff Thompson.
- Standard CalTrout membership benefits including our quarterly newsletter, Streamkeeper’s Log.
Our 2013 Golden Trout Circle Trips
While we all share a passion for California’s trout, steelhead and salmon and their waters, we have something else in common… a love for fly fishing. There is no better way to bring those two interests together than to join CalTrout staff and fellow donors on one of our Golden Trout Circle fishing trips:
- Learn first-hand about the conservation issues we face
- See the projects that we support and fish one of California’s most renowned rivers
- Food, accommodations, and guiding (by one CalTrout’s guide ambassadors) will make this trip a highlight of your angling season.
To learn more or to book a trip, please contact Lisa Clarke at (415) 392-8887 x102.
Hot Creek Ranch Hat Creek
May 13-17, 2013
The Eastern Sierra/Mammoth Lakes area offers breathtaking scenery, great angling and a glimpse into an area long-rooted in California’s “water wars.” Stay on the banks of Hot Creek, a beautiful spring creek, at Hot Creek Ranch and be challenged by traditional dry fly fishing. Learn about the fisheries and water management plans that CalTrout has developed for the area.
4 days/4 nights: $1,600
The Angler’s Inn on Hat Creek
June 13-16, 2013
Dick Galland, well-known outfitter and CalTrout Board member, is opening his lodge, The Angler’s Inn (formerly known as Clearwater House on Hat Creek) just for this trip. The Angler’s Inn sits in a quiet setting on the banks of Hat Creek at the heart of California’s finest wild trout waters. Fish three of CalTrout’s Blue Ribbon Waters – the Pit, Hat Creek and Fall River. Learn first-hand about the impact of CalTrout’s work in this area: new flows on the Pit, comprehensive restoration work to return Hat Creek to its former glory, and the challenges of invasive species removal on Fall River.
3 days/3 nights: $1,250
Family Trip to Antelope Creek Lodge in Klamath National Forest
July 19-21, 2013
The Fly Shop’s Antelope Creek Lodge sits at 5,000 feet among quaking aspen trees. The lodge is within a stone’s throw of the serpentine, fish-filled private meadow stream and within walking distance of the ranch’s two trophy trout lakes. There are nearly two miles of creek on the ranch and nine more miles of roadless stream above the fenceline. It is a family-friendly environment and a great place to teach the basics to up-and-coming fishermen and women. We will also visit the nearby Shasta River, the last spawning tributary below Iron Gate Dam, to see CalTrout’s work in recovering imperiled Chinook and coho salmon runs.
3 days/2 nights; $600 adults, $350 children under 16
(Guides not included, but available upon request)
Stay On The Banks Of The Trinity River
December 1-7, 2013
On the granddaddy of CalTrout trips, you’ll fish a two-day slot on the infamous Trinity River and stay at the Strawhouse Lodge perched right on the banks of the river. Accommodations are first-rate as is the food. Today, CalTrout is one of a number of organizations involved in a large-scale Trinity restoration project aimed at increasing the naturally produced steelhead populations to 10,000 returning fish annually. Come experience the success we are having.
2 days/2 nights: $1,250