The Streamkeeper's bLog is California Trout's monthly newsletter. Hear from Curtis Knight, our Executive Director and learn the latest news and events from California Trout. Not receiving our newsletter? Stay up to date with California Trout by subscribing to our mailing list.
The Watershed Review
Over the last three years, California Trout has increased capacity and doubled its impact on the ground. Our working model continues to get stronger. Starting with a foundation in science, we implement proof-of-concept projects and scale up success through policy and partnerships to achieve our mission of ensuring resilient wild fish in healthy waters for a better California.
In 2018, we developed and adopted a Strategic Plan to carry us through the next three years maintaining the same pace and impact to amplify our efforts. A group of board members, staff, and consultants met over a six-month period to develop the plan.
SOS II: Fish in Hot Water
The foundation of State of the Salmonids II: Fish in Hot Water is based on 32 rigorously researched, peer-reviewed biological and ecological species accounts prepared by Dr. Peter B. Moyle, Patrick J. Samuel, and Dr. Robert A. Lusardi. Each account has been externally reviewed and is published as Salmon, Steelhead, and Trout in California: Status of Emblematic Fishes, Second Edition.
Tight Lines: A History of California Trout
- Dr. Peter Moyle: 2020 Conservationist of the Year
- Trout Clout: Priorities for California's Water
- Floodplain Coalition Inundates D.C.
- Meet Ted Grantham, first PPIC CalTrout Ecosystem Fellow
- 1,454 signatures collected - Thank you for supporting the Klamath Dam Removal
- Klamath Dam Removal Moves Forward as KRRC Makes Critical Submission to FERC