The Streamkeeper's bLog is California Trout's monthly newsletter. Hear from Curtis Knight, our Executive Director and learn the latest news and events from California Trout. Not receiving our newsletter? Stay up to date with California Trout by subscribing to our mailing list.
The Watershed Review
This past year, CalTrout implemented year two of our strategic plan that called for increased growth and transformation. We expanded our team significantly, hiring new talent to help us tackle the pressing challenges facing California’s freshwater ecosystems. With the addition of these new team members, we have supercharged our regional offices and expanded our footprint throughout the state.
In our Annual Report we highlight the achievements your support made possible over the past year and provide details of our sound fiscal landscape.
SOS II: Fish in Hot Water
The foundation of State of the Salmonids II: Fish in Hot Water is based on 32 rigorously researched, peer-reviewed biological and ecological species accounts prepared by Dr. Peter B. Moyle, Patrick J. Samuel, and Dr. Robert A. Lusardi. Each account has been externally reviewed and is published as Salmon, Steelhead, and Trout in California: Status of Emblematic Fishes, Second Edition.
Tight Lines: A History of California Trout
- Press Release: CalTrout Sponsors Bill for Coastal Watershed Climate Resilience
- Press Release: Baduwa’t (Mad River) Estuary Restoration and Public Access Project Completed
- California is Not Prepared for Drought
- A Victory for Clean Water
- Trout Clout: Highlights and Takeaways From New CDFW Regulations
- Trout Clout: CalTrout and TU Joint Statement on New CA Inland Trout Regulations