Thank you for participating in the 2021 CalTrout Photo Contest
The submission period has now ended. Visit this page to view the 25 finalists and vote for Best Photos!
- GRAND PRIZE – 1 Winner
Photo featured on the CalTrout website, one-year CalTrout membership, YETI Tundra 45L Cooler with CalTrout logo, CalTrout Special 50th Anniversary Poster signed by Paul Waters, winner's choice of Costa sunglasses, CalTrout 50th Anniversary Buff, and CalTrout Koozies ($1,350 value).
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD – 1 Winner
Photo featured on the home page of CalTrout website, one-year CalTrout membership, Sage Fly rod 9' 4# Foundation Outfit, CalTrout embroidered Patagonia Refugio 28L backpack, winner's choice of Costa sunglasses, CalTrout 50th anniversary Buff, and Caltrout Koozies ($1,025 value).
- BEST PHOTOS – 9 Winners
Photo included on Caltrout.org photo contest page, one-year CalTrout membership, CalTrout Dice Cups and YETI Tumbler, CalTrout 50th Anniversary Buff, CalTrout Hat, and CalTrout Koozies ($200 value).
- July 15: contest submission begins
- August 31: contest submission ends
- Sept 20: voting period begins (CalTrout will select 25 finalists and open public voting for the People's Choice Award)
- Sept 30: voting period ends
- Oct 5: winners announced and prizes sent in the mail.
MEET OUR 2021 PHOTO CONTEST JUDGES
Bernard and Rebecca Yin
Contest Rules and Guidelines:
Once the submission period has ended, CalTrout will select 25 finalists. From those finalists, our members and social media followers will vote to determine the People's Choice Award winner and 7 Best Photo winners. CalTrout judges will select the Grand Prize winner and the Runner-Up and second Runner-Up winners. View the 2020 Photo Contest winners.
Participants must read the following rules, terms and legal conditions before submitting any photos. Click here to read the legal conditions.
Judging Criteria: Photos will be judged on how well they depict the spirit of California waters and/or the sport of fly-fishing as well as overall artistic merit (lighting, color, composition, etc).
- All photos must in some way be related to California rivers, creeks, streams, or lakes and the activities around them. Ideally, photos should have a horizontal format.
- Maximum number of entries: 10 per individual.
- All submissions must be submitted using the contest online entry form. (This will be available when the submission period begins on 7/15.)
- Photographs must be in digital format.
- Only online entries will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted.
- The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are acceptable.
- Digital files must be high resolution, 300 ppi, max file size is 15MB and must be in .jpg format.
- All entries must be received by midnight PST, August 31, 2021.
- If a person is in the photo, you must submit a signed model release for each person depicted in the image.
If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.