Thank you for your photo submissions!
The submission period for our 2022 contest has ended. Check back July 2023 for our next contest!
Winners & Prizes:
Featuring prizes from California Trout, Galvan, YETI, Redington, Patagonia, High Camp Flasks, Sunday Afternoons, and Buff.
- GRAND PRIZE – 1 Winner
Your photo featured on the CalTrout website and in CalTrout promotions, a one-year CalTrout membership, a CalTrout custom Galvan Torque T5 Reel, a YETI flip-top soft cooler with CalTrout logo, a High Camp Flasks Firelight 375 flask with engraved CalTrout logo, a CalTrout Buff, and a CalTrout fly box ($1,050 value).
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD – 1 Winner
Your photo featured on the CalTrout website and in CalTrout promotions, a one-year CalTrout membership, a Redington fly rod (STRIKE Euro nymph 3106-4, 10'6'', 3-wt), a Patagonia backpack with CalTrout logo, a High Camp Flasks Firelight 375 flask with engraved CalTrout logo, a CalTrout Buff, and a CalTrout fly box ($750 value).
- BEST PHOTOS – 9 Winners
Your photo featured on the CalTrout website and in CalTrout promotions, a one-year CalTrout membership, a Patagonia backpack with CalTrout logo, a Sunday Afternoon hat (assorted styles), a CalTrout Buff, and a CalTrout fly box ($500 value).
- July 15: Contest and photo submission period begins.
- August 31: Photo submission period ends.
- Sept 15: Top 25 finalists announced and online voting period begins.
- Sept 30: Voting period ends.
- Oct 5: Winners announced and prizes sent by mail.
Contest Rules and Guidelines:
Once the submission period has ended (July 15 - August 31), CalTrout judges will select the 25 finalists. From those finalists, our members and social media followers will vote online (September 15 - 30) to determine the People's Choice Award winner and 9 Best Photo winners, and CalTrout judges will select the Grand Prize winner.
Participants must read the following rules, terms and legal conditions before submitting any photos. Click here to read the legal conditions.
Judging Criteria: Photos will be judged on how well they depict the spirit of California waterways, the sport of fly-fishing, and/or California's natural scenic beauty, as well as overall artistic merit (lighting, color, composition, etc).
- All photos must in some way be related to California rivers, creeks, streams, and/or lakes and the activities around them. Ideally, photos should be in a horizontal format.
- Maximum number of entries: 10 per individual.
- All submissions must be submitted using the contest online entry form.
- Photographs must be in digital format.
- Only online entries will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted.
- The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are acceptable.
- Digital files must be high resolution, 300 ppi, max file size is 15MB and must be in .jpg format.
- All entries must be received by 11:59 pm PDT, August 31, 2021.
- If a person is in the photo, you must submit a signed model release for each person depicted in the image. Please download the release document, enter your information and signature, and then upload to our online submission form along with your photo(s).
If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.